Sunday, September 14, 2008

Greetings!

So I'm brand new to this blogging business, but I just can't keep all my thoughts just in my head anymore. I figure I'll go crazy if I keep arguing with myself, so I'll try arguing with you all. Sound good? :P

I intend for this blog to be mainly political, but from time to time I may toss in assorted interests and happenings of note in my personal life. A few examples include football, computer gaming, tabletop wargames, paintball... I guess I'll stop there before I have to edit "a few examples" to something more numerous.

As part of my introduction here, I suppose I should include information as to my politics. I'll likely be called a Libertarian- with the notable exception of my distaste of open borders. Though with the Libertarian fixes to the country, immigration wouldn't be a problem. I despise our two primary parties. They're both out to maintain their power come hell or high water, and the rest of the country be damned. As for specifics...

I'm pro-choice, because it is not the government's job to tell women what to do with their bodies. Along the same line, gay marriage. It is not the government's job to tell you who you can or cannot love. These are individual issues, not Congressional issues. I believe strongly in the separation of church and state, and in the right to own and bear arms. I believe illegal immigration is destroying our country (born and raised Californian, I've lived with it my whole life), and that those damn environmentalist hippies are barking up the wrong tree (if you've seen the Al Gore Show- you know, the one he got a Nobel for- and then done some actual research for yourself, you'll understand). Stem cell research should be funded to excess, and the death penalty simply has to remain- but the legal system needs an overhaul. We probably shouldn't have gone into Iraq so that little Bush could finish up daddy Bush's business, but now that we're there, we simply have to stay and put their country back together. We destroyed it, its our responsibility. Marijuana should be legalized and regulated (no, I don't smoke it- think of the tax money the country could raise), and we should keep on hunting those damn Al-Qaeda idiots until they're all gone or they win. Equal opportunity and affirmative action are a joke (how do you anti-discriminate so someone can go to college/get a job without discriminating against someone else because of their race/whatever?), and we should've been drilling for oil using the small footprint rigs the oil companies have for the last 10 years- when we found the oil- so that gas wouldn't be so damn expensive now (and now they say it'll take 10 years to set up drilling operations. No brainer.). Racial profiling, especially for security reasons, needs to happen (is that 70 year old lady with a walker really going to take over the plane? No. Might that man of Mid-East descent? Maybe), and the theory of natural selection needs to be treated with the same amount of respect as the belief in creation. While they both don't have the same amount of supporting scientific evidence, they're both scientifically provable to the exact same extent- none.

... Is that all? I think so. For now. More to come!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

good luck w/ the blog!

Something Wycked said...

Thanks very much!